3 Natural Cures for Toenail Fungus
Cure your toenail fungus naturally with these home remedies.
Toenail fungus is nasty and caused by a parasite. It turns your nails yellow and makes them brittle and crack easily. It is not an easy fungus to cure because it is actually embedded under your toenail.
It can be harmful because it leads to the disfiguration and discoloration of the toenails. You may be surprised to know that toenail fungus IS contagious!
Causes of toenail fungal infection:
• Damp conditions, such as a public gym or swimming pool
• Tight fitting shoes
• pH levels of the skin
• Weakened immunity
• Moisture in the feet after bathing
Symptoms of toenail fungus:
• Yellow or brown discoloration of toenails
• Toenails become thick
• Debris accumulates under nails
• Nails fall off
• Spots on side of nails
Natural Cures for Toenail Fungus
Natural cures for toenail fungus are more preferred, as the strong prescription medications that are prescribed for toenail fungus can cause serious liver problems.
Listed below are 3 natural cures for toenail fungus:
1. Thymol, also known as the Thyme plant, is an active ingredient in Listerine.
2. Essential oils used in combination can help to fight the fungus. These include tea tree oil, almond oil, thymol and coconut oil. Undecyclenic acid, from castor oil is also used.
3. Apple cider vinegar has been found to treat many infections. The acetic acid in vinegar helps to heal foot fungus. This has not yet been proven, but has been recommended by many people. The natural apple cider vinegar can restore pH levels in the feet reducing the risk of foot fungus. Soak your nails 15 minutes a day. Dry thoroughly.