Holistic Tips to Fight Aging on the Inside and Out
There’s no denying it: your body is growing older each and every day. But all is not lost! By taking proper care of your body now, you can dictate how your body handles the aging process. Keep reading for some simple, holistic tips to help you keep your youthful appearance – both on the outside of your body, as well as the inside.
While your skin is a huge factor in how you look as you grow older, it is not the only factor to consider when searching for anti-aging solutions. How you feel on the inside when you get up each day is just as important. You must take care of your body now to avoid the myriad of health issues common with getting older.
Holistic Anti-Aging Tips for your Outside:
- Grate a coconut and squeeze the milk from it. Apply the milk to your face for a glowing effect.
- Avocado will help you look rejuvenated when you apply the pulp or slices to your face.
- Rub castor oil into your skin to soften it and remove wrinkles.
- Remove age-marks and pigments from your skin by rubbing a raw potato on these areas.
- Make a mix of glycerin, lime juice and rose water and apply before you go to sleep to help with the pimples and blackheads many people suffer from as they age.
- For those wrinkles around your eyes and that tired look you may get from life itself, apply the best quality of bee’s honey around the skin of your eyes.
- Apply a few drops of lemon juice to help remove blemishes and age spots.
- Drink plenty of water. Yes, water is the oldest remedy there is for reducing wrinkles!
- Control wrinkles and prevent aging skin by combining sugar cane juice and turmeric powder to form a mask.
- For the first signs of wrinkles, cut off the core of a pineapple and rub the core on your face. Leave your face to dry for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse.
- Reduce wrinkles with essential oils, such as sandalwood, geranium, rosewood, rose jasmine, neroli and frankincense. Mix these oils with primrose oil as a base to make a natural anti-wrinkle lotion.
Beauty is not only skin-deep! Make sure you’re taking care of the inside of your body as well when it comes to aging.Holistic Anti-Aging Tips for your Inside:
- Eat foods high on the ORAC scale (high in antioxidants) such as prunes, raisins, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, kale, and alfalfa sprouts.
- Exercise your heart and lungs with cardio. This does not have to be a huge process; simply get up and get moving! Find your favorite exercise and do it for 30 minutes, 3 to 5 times per week. Whether your favorite thing to do is dance, walk, run, play tennis or basketball, as long as you perform it at a moderate-to-high intensity you’ll be getting the benefits. Your body will be healthier on the inside, creating less stress on your cells and more energy.
- Get plenty of sleep. Studies have shown that lack of sleep can lead to a whole host of other health problems, including obesity and depression. Aim for 7-8 hours each night.
- Eat foods rich in tyrosine (soy products, chicken, turkey, fish, peanuts, almonds, avocados, bananas, milk, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, lima beans, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds). This amino acid is an antioxidant and plays a part in various functions of the body, including regulating mood and fending off certain age-related conditions.
- Eat your veggies raw. Vegetables tend to lose their nutrients when they are cooked. When you eat them in their raw forms, you will more effectively reap the anti-aging qualities they contain.
These are just a few tips to get you moving in the right direction in helping to fight the aging process -- inside and out. The sooner you start implementing them into your life, the sooner you’ll see the positive effects. So, what are you waiting for?