It's Time to Get Your Skin Ready For Swimsuit Season
Whether it’s summertime or time for a vacation to a tropical destination, you want to feel confident baring a lot of your body on the beach. If you don’t have time to hit the gym with a vengeance, don’t despair: you can still look like a bathing beauty simply by taking care of your skin. Try these five tips to make sure your skin has a toned, healthy glow.
Show off your beautiful skin with these five simple tips:
1. Stay hydrated. Many nutritionists and health experts recommend drinking at least eight glasses of water each day to keep your body hydrated and help flush toxins from the body that make skin look dull and dry. Additionally, consuming adequate amounts of water decreases the amount of fat deposits that collect in your system and cause the development of unsightly cellulite. Try keeping a bottle of water at your desk so you can take a few sips whenever you feel the urge to grab an unhealthy snack. Also, be sure to drink a glass of water before each meal to help suppress your appetite and keep your metabolism high.
2. Exercise regularly. Thirty minutes of exercise, three times a week will help you burn fat and improve your circulation—decreasing cellulite and giving your skin a healthy glow in the process. You don’t even need a fancy health club membership. Take brisk walks around your neighborhood with friends and work your way up to a light jog if you can.
3. Banish dead skin. Remove dull, dried skin cells with regular exfoliation. Try a natural-bristle body brush, which can help to stimulate blood circulation and release toxins as it exfoliates and tones your skin. Start using your brush on the soles of your feet, working upward towards your heart in circular motion on your calves, knees, thighs, abdomen, back, and arms. Relax in a warm bath or shower when exfoliation is complete.
NOTE: If you have eczema or psoriasis, exfoliation may be too abrasive for your skin.
4. De-fuzz your body. Hair that was left to grow when it was hidden under clothes will need to be addressed before you slip into a swimsuit. If you can’t commit to regular shaving, consider waxing—slightly more painful than using a razor, but the results last much longer.
5. Keep skin moist. Super-soft skin looks healthy and radiant, so don’t forget to moisturize yourself from head to toe on a daily basis. The best time to apply is after a bath or shower when skin is still slightly damp, but you should also keep a sample-size bottle with you so you can reapply whenever dry air robs moisture from the skin’s surface.
Don’t let less-than-perfect skin be your excuse for not baring your bikini-bod. Incorporate these five tips into your daily regimen and you’ll be swimsuit ready all-year round.