Precautions to Take Before Using Champix Varenicline
Champix varenicline is a prescription only smoking cessation aid by Pfizer pharmaceuticals. This article defines Champix varenicline and offers a list of precautions to take before using Champix varenicline
Champix varenicline is a prescription only smoking cessation aid by Pfizer pharmaceuticals. Champix helps smokers quit by easing out the painful nicotine withdrawal symptoms and by reducing the pleasure a smoker derives from smoking. The best part of Champix varenicline is that unlike many other smoking cessation aids, Champix does not contain nicotine and hence is not addictive.
Champix was approved by the FDA in May 2006. In a span of few years, Champix has successfully helped thousands of smokers to quit smoking forever. Numerous clinical trials have shown that Champix varenicline is a safe and effective drug when used with proper precautions.
Varenicline – the active ingredient in Champix is sold by the trade name of Chantix in the USA and Champix in Europe and other countries. Champix varenicline works best in people with a determination to quit and when used in conjunction with counseling and support of friends and family members.Define Champix varenicline
Champix varenicline works as a nicotine receptor antagonist. Varenicline, the active ingredient in Champix, attaches itself to the nicotine receptors in the brain. By stimulating the nicotine receptors Champix varenicline mimics the effects of taking nicotine and thus fools the brain into thinking that it has received its dose of nicotine. The action of Champix varenicline fulfils the brain’s craving for a cigarette without being fed one. Hence, a person on Champix will not have to undergo painful nicotine withdrawal symptoms as his urge for smoking will be practically satisfied.
Another great advantage of Champix varenicline as a smoking cessation aid is that it reduces the pleasure derived from smoking. Champix (varenicline) blocks nicotine from acting on its receptors hence even if a person smokes, he will not receive the satisfaction he used to get earlier. This property of Champix varenicline greatly helps a smoker to quit smoking, especially those who are inclined to steal a puff at times.Precautions to take before using Champix varenicline
Champix varenicline is a prescription only drug that is proven to be a safe and effective smoking cessation aid when used with caution. Listed here are necessary precautions to take before using Champix varenicline as a quit smoking drug:
- Most importantly, never take Champix varenicline without consulting a doctor, either face-to-face or via online consultation.
- Inform your doctor about your medical condition and medicines you may be taking. Champix may be contraindicated with your medicines or medical condition.
- You should not use Champix varenicline if you are pregnant, nursing or under 18 years of age.
- There have been reports of suicidal thought and behavior and in some case strange of aggressive behavior in people using Champix. Hence it is suggested that you should not use Champix if you have any mental illness or if you have a history of suicidal behavior or thoughts.
- Further, in case you experience any unusual behavior in yourself or anyone else taking Champix, the use of Champix should be discontinued and one should seek medical attention immediately.
- Some people have reported severe drowsiness when using Champix. It is advised that one should see how Champix affects them before driving or using heave machinery
- Champix varenicline should be used with caution in patients with decreased kidney function, history of psychiatric illness, e.g. depression, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder or epilepsy.
- Let your doctor know if you have any allergies or if you have a known allergy to any component of Champix varenicline. In case, you feel you have experienced any allergic reaction, stop taking Champix and seek medical help immediately.
- Champix varenicline should be used with caution in those suffering from kidney disease.
- Some people may notice that their craving for lighting a cigarette returns. Some people may also feel depressed, irritable or have difficulty sleeping. To avoid such symptoms, your doctor may reduce your Champix varenicline dose gradually when finishing off the stop smoking treatment, instead of stopping the Champix dose abruptly.
- Ask your doctor about the specific Champix varenicline side effects, warning and precautions that apply to you before starting the treatment so that you are mentally prepared for the same.
- Inform your doctor if any of the Champix varenicline side effects become particularly bothersome.
- Do not alter your Champix varenicline dosage without first consulting your doctor.
More information on CHampix Vareniclien is available@http://www.onlineclinic.co.uk