See Clearer with these Natural Remedies for Cataracts
Clear up your life with these home remedies for cataracts.
Cataracts make life blurry and unfocused. It is a disease that progresses by causing double vision or spots. In the beginning, your vision may be better than it is in full daylight. In the more advanced stages, objects and people may appear like blobs of light. Also, there is a grayish-white discoloration in the pupil.
What causes cataracts?
There are three things that contribute to the loss of the transparency part of the lens.
1. Deterioration in the nutrition of the lens that diminish the vitality and resistance of the lens fibres
2. Deposits of acids and salts between the lens fibres that irritate the lens tissues, as well as exert an increasing pressure on the delicate fibres
3. Disintegration of lens fibres that cloud the entire lens in the absence of appropriate care
• Poisons in the blood stream
• Stress and strain
• Alcoholic drinks
• Faulty style of living
Home remedies for cataracts:
• Carrots: Eat plenty of raw carrots daily or drink two glasses of fresh carrot juice. Drink one glass in the morning and one at night.
• Garlic: Eat two or three cloves of raw garlic daily. Chew it slowly. Garlic helps clean crystalline lens of the eye.
• Pumpkin: The juice of the flowers of pumpkin should be extracted and applied externally on the eyelids twice a day. This will stop further clouding of the crystalline lens of the eye.
• Aniseed: Mix an equal amount of aniseed and coriander powder with one teaspoon of brown sugar. Take in doses of 12 gm in the morning and at night.
• Unprocessed Honey: Put a few drops of this honey in your eyes.
• Almonds: Ground seven kernels with half a gram of black pepper in half a cup of water. Add a teaspoon of sugar candy and drink it. This helps to regain vigor in the eyes.
• Supplements: Vitamins B2 and B6, as well as patothenic acid, vitamins C, D, E and other nutrients
• Warm water enema daily during juice fast (see cataract diet).
• Epsom salts bath taken twice a week. Stay in the bath 25 to 35 minutes. Eyes should be closed and bathed externally twice daily with hot water containing Epsom salts.
• Do eye exercises
What to eat to help with cataracts:
It is important to eat a healthy diet. You must first cleanse your body. Start with a fast of orange juice and water for three days. Then you must eat a strict diet for two weeks after. Here is what to eat in those two weeks:
Breakfast: seasonal juicy fruits
Lunch: raw vegetables salads with olive oil and lemon juice dressing, soaked raisins, figs or dates
Dinner: steamed vegetables and nuts. Stay away from potatoes
After the two weeks is up, you can gradually begin a well balanced diet consisting of seeds, nuts, grains, vegetables and fruits. Make sure to include fresh juicy fruits and raw vegetables. This juice fast, followed by the restricted diet should be repeated every three months.
See clearer with these tips for cataract symptoms relief.