Is your sex life is going downhill? Has your libido hit the rocks? Have you tried sexual enhancement drugs, workshops, retreats, all to no avail? You’re not alone. Millions of Americans suffer from a lacking libido. And while outside “life factors” can have a huge impact, your lack of sex drive may not have anything to do with stress at work, troubles between you and your partner or financial concerns. It could actually have something to do with how much you weigh.
If you’ve been tired, have low energy and are just not feeling “quite right,” take a look at the scale. Even the gain of ten pounds is enough to put a damper physically and emotionally on a person and can make your libido disappear in a hurry. If you want your sex life back, then taking off some weight will help. Here are a few tips to help you get on the right weight-loss track, as well as simple things you can do in the meantime to rev up your sex life:
1. Eat naturally. Choose foods with the highest raw content you can tolerate and work up to having 80 percent of your diet being raw content food (such as fresh fruit and vegetables). This will help your body start to purge itself of toxins and harmful chemicals and will ultimately boost your energy. To get the best results, eat your raw fruits and vegetables separately so that your body can absorb each nutrient individually.
2. Take the time to exercise every day, even if it’s only 10 minutes at a time. You can certainly afford to do this on your lunch hour. Walk in place for ten minutes. Walk to the store. Walk around the park. If you have access to a gym, walk on the treadmill. Exercising outdoors is better because you also benefit from the fresh air and Vitamin D the sun helps provide you body. The object here is to get moving and boost your energy level while taking off some weight.
3. Look into natural weight-loss supplements, as well as natural sex boosters
. The developments of natural solutions over the past few years are being recognized more and more as an option when it comes to sexual health.
4. If you have been with your partner for some time, you sex life may have just gone to the dogs out of complacency and routine. Instead of worrying about having sex, think about the romantic aspects of the relationship instead. Go to the movies, or sit and watch a movie at home while enjoying a glass of red wine. Put on something that makes you feel good. Think back to what attracted you to your partner in the first place, and you might just find your sexual tension has been rekindled.
5. Instead of worrying about looking overweight, do something to change your appearance to make you look and feel better until you lose the weight. Buy a new outfit. Cut your hair. Get a manicure or pedicure – yes this applies to men too. Little things that enhance your appearance and add self-confidence will go a long way towards bolstering your libido.
6. Make it a point to not let the weight get in between you and your partner. Make dates, have fun, and as you lose the weight you may just rediscover your passion and fire.
Just remember, don’t set up unrealistic goals when it comes to either the weight-loss or the time it may take to feel “right” again. Start with a goal of ten pounds; once you’ve reached that aim for another ten. When you reach a weight where you’re comfortable within your body again, you may just find that your libido has returned.